Saturday, June 4, 2011

Forest Festival Parade 2011

This is Shelton
We are a logging town and have been so for over a hundred years.
We are small compared to some towns but big compared to others.
I think we are just right
We also have sightings once in awhile of the local favorites. 
But this is the weekend of the Forest Festival!!
Parade, logging competition and then fireworks tonight and car show tomorrow.
I was already and then my camera died.  I had forgotten to charge it.
boooooo
I hope you enjoy a little of what I did capture. 
The best part of the parade is the faces of those watching it. 
These guys are always great to keep us entertained until the parade starts. 
What's a parade without the vendors?

I really had to restrain myself from buying the hat. 
Oh, back to the show, sorry got distracted :) 
Ice cream?!?!?! of course!!  Look at that blue sky, it was made for eating ice cream. 
There were all sorts of colorful characters. 
Nothing more precious than a little girl blowing bubbles. 
Honoring those who have done so much for this country and all who live in it. 
This guy is Paul Bunyan, well he won the title.  My camera died before I could get the Forest Queens. 
Shelton is an awesome place to live and filled with so many amazing people.  I heart them all.
My goal for next year is to be established enough to join them in the parade with some of the beautiful girls we may be able to help.  It will sparkle and shine and be fun.
I really do hope to become part of a permanent fixture to help the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment