Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Twirl

Do remember when you were little and your favorite thing to do was twirl?  A simple thing brought such joy to your heart.  It's our desire as women to be lovely, captivating and to twirl.
As we get older and the world mocks us and steals our joy and our twirl, we start looking down.  We have lost our sparkle.  A few years back I was in the dressing room listening to another mom trying to get her daughter to put on a dress.  I saw the girl, shoulders slumped head down, she had lost her sparkle.  It was sad and I wanted to run to her and tell her how lovely she truly was.  I looked at my own daughter who was trying on a dress as well, head down not wanting to look at her reflection.  I told her "twirl"..."what?" came out of a confused expression.  I repeated "twirl" and she did.  "Now look at yourself and twirl" and then with her hair flowing and dress spinning and picking up glints of light she saw.  She was lovely and joy filled her heart.  My heart was captivated and I brush back a tear before she saw.
How can something so simple change your outlook?  Why does simply spinning make you smile?
We are women, we were made for beauty, not the kind the world tells you.  But the kind that comes from being who you are and seeing the value of that.  Every girl truly needs to be in a beautiful dress and just twirl.


No comments:

Post a Comment